Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Warm Wishes (and ridiculous photos) from Redheaded Endurance

When I was a youngster, I was pretty serious. I didn't like pink and I didn't like little dogs. I already knew I didn't want to be a vet because that's disgusting or the president of the United States because they can never please anyone. I actually had serious intentions toward law and/or politics of some sort, folded my pajamas at the foot of my bed year round, and sent out Christmas cards religiously. I might as well have smoked a pipe and gone out for the Early Bird special, and this was all high school and younger.

At some point..Stuff Happened. I grew up, learned a lot, and one day in 2008, freshly in a new life with a new man, I watched a tiny black Chihuahua pup crawl into my lap in a trailer park on the north coast of CA. Georgia was the first little dog I let into my heart and now we have four; I also have a fabulous hot pink pea coat, work entirely outdoors, often on my 21 acres with my husband of now 5 years--and I won't tell you where my pajamas are (okay, probably on the floor..somewhere).

So what I guess I mean to say is..wherever your journey in life may take you, however far from where you once thought or imagine others assume you should be--make sure it is in fact where and what you want to be, and if it is, let only peace be in your heart and mind. If it isn't where you want to be, I wish you great inspiration and steely courage, to strive and fail and try again, to do whatever it takes to find your happiness and purpose.

I am ending my 2013 very differently than I started it, thankfully. I feel very lucky to say that I am ending the year happy, content, inspired, and excited for the (horsey!!!)  future as never before. I now only wish that we may all find the things that give us light, love, and laughter in this holiday season, whether it's family, friends, a beloved dog, a cherished horse, or a favorite old book. Don't be afraid to look at yourself and those important to you with equal unbiased clarity, and then choose to embrace them anyway, because minor differences should never overwhelm compassion and true friendship.

Also, look at these ridiculous photos of my dogs, because I bet, no matter what, one of them will make you smile!!
                                        Georgia, the 1st                                                                      

Rip

Wilbur

 Jay

Happy Holidays to all from the Redheaded Endurance family!!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas from Bugsy and Rocko and Cyd and Jason :) We are also where we want to be! Glad everything worked out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! What a lovely Christmas sentiment. :) Awww, Rip doesn't even care about the hat, what a derp! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an uplifting post! Merry Christmas to you and the whole herd:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! So happy to hear how happy you are. =)

    ReplyDelete