Saturday, May 16, 2015

Weekly Round Up

I'm happy to say that I've got some actual trail photos to include in this post! 

But first! I've been handling Apache, grooming, trimming his feet, just hanging out in his pasture since arrival but finally, after his much needed dental and an all clear from the chiropractor, Apache joined the work force! I started with a liberty round pen session and then I climbed all around on the fence and waved my legs and jumped up and down and just generally acted a fool. Apache is green broke but I'd rather start from scratch than trip over revealed holes. Fortunately I also have filly assistants. *amused eyeroll* 
Apache stretching out
willing but fairly convinced of my insanity
 The 11th was my birthday so on the Sunday before my husband and I got up early and took new guy Spark to the fishing hole/trail intersection and went our respective ways. Which meant we got a couple of photos :)
handsome Spark kitted out in the Specialized Trailmaster and Renegades
taller than I'm used to! 
solo Spark!
hiking back down the dam

 Birthday Noms!!   mmm Crepes
 my husband made me a German chocolate cake <3
 Because the winds of fate are not kind even when people deserve it, a good friend doesn't have a reliable horse to ride at the moment, so I hauled Spark and Blaze to the lake for a fun little group ride. It was a good different test for Spark and I's new summer relationship and fun to see Blaze enjoyed by yet another dear person.
Blaze and D :-)
Spark leading the group
Good boy Spark relaxed even though Blaze was at the other trailer
We lead, followed, leap frogged, waited, and rode through the local long scary tunnel, all of which Spark handled nicely. It's very nice to be on trail despite how everything has shaken out. Grateful to friends and glad to pay it forward where I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment