Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Book Review: Laura Crum's Cutter

I just finished up Laura Crum's first novel, Cutter, and am looking forward to tearing through the other 3 of Crum's novels waiting in my To-Read stack. Here's a little review I wrote up, if you're curious:


In the grand tradition of horse racing murder mystery guru Dick Francis, Laura Crum's heroine Gail McCarthy, DVM, finds herself suddenly embroiled in unsavory goings-on in the world of big money horse enterprises. Though no expert in the cutting world the mystery surrounds, Gail puts her able, inquisitive mind to the unsettling mysteries cropping up, with a little help from a charming paramour and an endearing, trusty old dog. Laura Crum's first effort presents us with a fun read including accurate equine information and descriptions that horse lovers are sure to appreciate regardless of their chosen disciplines. Fans of women detective mysteries will also enjoy some of the sly dialogue and the flavor of a strong female lead.

FYI Crum's novels are available on Amazon for just .99 in Kindle format! I still prefer physical books personally but options are good, so one way or the other--give these books a try!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much--I'm glad you enjoyed Cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I loved Dick Francis books. Havent read any good books in awhile (unless you want to count school books!)

    I will have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my kindle and just bought the book. Heard several good reviews and although mysteries aren't my thing, for 99 cents how can I lose?

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like physical BOOKS too. however, I read Cutter on my Mac's Kindle. haven't tried a real kindle, don't like reading on my Mac, but I loved her book, so that's saying it must really truly be good!
    - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete