Thursday, September 4, 2014

Exemplary Fillies

Rushcreek Aurora, 13 months
I know, I know, the perfection won't last. Growing pains and hormones and fillies being fillies, I'll no doubt be back with some training/behavior issue posts soon. For now, I'll merely fill your eyes with my clever, good looking Arabian fillies aged 3 and 1. They were both exemplary creatures today and I'll admit it, I'm *proud* of the places I've come with both of these gals in our respective relationships. Sheza has been a wonderful test of my inner calm and patience since day one, and after almost 5 months with my junior Rushcreek I have a hunch that Rory's bold bossy attitude is going to be a great stretching of the filly raising skills that I think I now have.

Rory's getting more solid by the week! Quite a difference 5 months makes
step sisters, but the amicable kind
Rory putting herself away with Desire. 2nd time doing this routine, she's a bit of a smarty pants
 Sheza had her briefest round pen session yet, executing everything I asked calmly and lining up for her gold star the first time around. I  decided to test that patience by giving her a thorough hoof trim; aside from a discussion on pulling her hinds away it was all groovy 


Thanks for the great morning, girls! 

2 comments:

  1. That STRIDE on Sheza. Wowza. That'll be fun to ride down the trail for future rides where you need to cover some ground fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D Right! :D She is SO FUN to ride. Not that I let her trot under saddle, but I know it's there and OMG! Her walk is amazing already

      Delete