Friday, July 15, 2011

Hello from the Foggy Coast

Made the drive over to the coast yesterday (and my truck survived, hooray!). It was hard to leave the fantastic temperate weather at home but my brother and his wife and new baby are making their first journey and will be here for the weekend for a friend's wedding and a mini family re union on our end. We haven't all been together in ages so it was a can't-miss event. The fog is burning off here and I see blue sky, which is great! Here's hoping the weather cooperates the family BBQ Saturday afternoon.
I am already itching to get my hands on a horse and I've been away from mine for a day! I truly felt a moment of panic when I realized I hadn't brought my riding helmet along, you know, just in case there was a horse somewhere here that needed riding! A friend emailed me and needs help getting a horse she used to own (who now lives near us) back into her possession, so after I okay it with the husband and get back home I may be picking up an Arab (I've actually ridden him before too) and boarding him for a couple of weeks until the owner returns to the country. I might be riding him on the second day of the Mendo Magic ride in August too, if he is fit enough! Anyway, off to be social and can't wait to ride a horse, any horse, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment